The 36th New Hampshire Highland Games will be occurring on the weekend of Sept. 16, 17 & 18. This event is the largest Scottish cultural festival in the Northeast and features music, dance, athletics and customs of the Scottish people. The Inn On Golden Pond is an easy 30 minute drive from the site of the games – Loon Mountain in Lincoln, NH.
This is just one fun weekend! Here are some of the highlights.
- the Gathering of the Scottish Clans, with over 60 clans and societies
- Massed Bands
- Sheepdog Trials
- Celtic World Music Concerts
- the New England Regional Scottish Fiddle Championship
- International Scottish Athletics
- New England Highland Dance Championships
- New England Solo Piping & Drumming Championships
- Scottish Harp (Clarsach) & other instrumental competitions